Our academic program is an integrated part of Environmental Engineering within the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering.
Undergraduate courses provide an integrated perspective of environmental topics covering air, water and soils—including meteorology, air pollution measurements, air pollution control, and global change.
Research opportunities are numerous and exist during the academic school year as well as the summer months.
Summer 2023 REU
The application period for the Summer 2023 Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program is OPEN.
We plan to run the LAR REU 2023 in-person, assuming public health conditions allow.
June 1 – Aug 4, 2023
February 20, 2023
Letters of Recommendation
Due February 26, 2023
Undergraduate students are often directly involved in environmental engineering research projects. Students can work part-time during the academic year, and depending on availability, can be employed full-time during the summer months. Activities depend on the project and the faculty members involved. These research experiences include data collection in the field, data analysis of field measurements, air quality modeling, …
Hands-on experience is valuable because it:
- Introduces students to the excitement and fun of research,
- Promotes the ability to think independently,
- Exposes students to computer, lab, and field instrumentation as well as research methods and techniques,
- Provides an inside view of graduate student life,
- Helps develop career goals,
- Serves as a resume ‘point of emphasis’.
Please contact Dr. Shelley Pressley (email@example.com) for additional information.