Graduate students play a key role in the research activities within LAR. The majority of the graduate students in our department are supported financially by either a Research Assistanceship (RA) that is associated with a specific research program or a teaching assistantship (TA) that is supported by the department and college. Graduate students that are supported by either an RA or a TA receive a stipend, a tuition waiver and benefits.
LAR is currently recruiting high quality graduate students for ongoing research within the department. Please contact us if you are interested. Graduate students benefit from their educational experience at Washington State University in various ways:
- Being part of a highly motivated team-environment within LAR,
- Direct hands-on involvement with research activities and/or teaching responsibilities,
- Opportunity to work in multidisciplinary research areas, including collaborations with other departments,
- Opportunities to attend national and international technical and science conferences to present research results, meet colleagues, and learn about other related research,
- Participation in local, national, and international workshops and symposiums to improve research skills and foster career development,
- Opportunities for mentoring and teaching undergraduates,
- Exposure to highly qualified speakers and researchers from outside of the campus community, including speakers from National Laboratories,
- Competitive stipends offered and above-average benefits for WSU graduate students.