Research Opportunites for Undergraduates
There is routine involvement of undergraduate students in environmental engineering research projects. Students can work part-time during the academic year, and depending on availability, there are full-time employment opportunities during the summer months. Activities depend on the project and faculty member involved, but they include everything from data collection in the field, to data analysis, to modeling and programming.
» Application period for the Summer 2013 research program is OPEN.
» The deadline for applications is February 18, 2013.
» Program dates for 2013: May 30—August 2
» REU Information
Hands-on experience is valuable because it:
- introduces students to the excitement and fun of research
- promotes the ability to think independently
- exposes students to computer, lab, and field instrumentation and methods
- provides an inside view of graduate student life
- helps develop career goals
- serves as a resume 'point of emphasis'
Please contact Dr. Shelley Pressley (email@example.com) for additional information.